What's your next sizeable purchase?

Earbuds under helmet is my solution.

1 Like

I don’t dare do that since for me hearing things, at least a bit, it’s a must to ride safely

3 Likes

My wife got me the airpod pros, and they are actually fairly impressive for stuff like this.

They have two modes, one is noise cancelation, which works decently for being small ear buds. If you get a good fit and seal in your ear that is.

The second mode is called “transparency” mode. It uses the microphones to detect the sound around you and it overlays it with whatever you are listening to. I compare it to almost having a speaker near you instead of headphones.

4 Likes

Waiting patient for website haha

2 Likes

LOL. I think there’s a club you could look into joining.

I decided to treat myself to a new snowboard, so might slow down some spending for this month.

2 Likes

we bought a new range for the kitchen, does that count?

seriously though i’ve been eyeing those jaykay hub/truck things to slap on a small cruiser board. I read @sofus review and i’ve been waiting for @malJohann to buy some first. i almost pulled the trigger when i learned of the above mentioned kitchen appliance purchase.

1 Like

I was going to make a business venture out of it, but then it turned out they didn’t have Australian certification, and the margins were way too thin.

I really don’t think with the current model it’ll get beyond a couple of Euro shops that’ll stock JayKay. Hopefully they can figure their financials out.

2 Likes

That’s a huuuge selfie stick.

4 Likes

Is it sensored?

7 Likes

Well my next sizeable buy was a floatwheel kit. I know I’ll enjoy the crap out of building it. Just hope the ride will be as high as what it cost me to pay with bitcoins

3 Likes

uh… turned out that was my next next one… too.

4 Likes

Well uhh turns out I won’t be making sizable purchases for awhile… Just made one a couple o days ago…

2 Likes

Don’t leave us hanging, Dash…

1 Like

Have you ever rode one wheel thing? I tried and didn’t pick up as quick as I thought I would, normally things like that are second nature to me. Made it to the beer store and back. Like a mile. Hurt my legs differently.

2 Likes

Maybe you and @flasher can share and spare the community from another uni… :metal:

oooh. the word that stabs. I see the “skateboard footstance”. I blindly ignore the “unicycle wheel”. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Who am I expected to share with? All the Canadians I know that wanted one bought one :joy:

As for riding experience…I ain’t got it :sweat_smile: I’ll eventually learn how to fall without ripping parts of me off. And then once I’ve mastered the fall, logic says I won’t ever fall again to prove I learnt it all for nothing.

Currently having a bit of modelling fun. Im in chats with who tried a few years back to make a bumper in fusion and might give me his WIP so I can expand on it

3 Likes

you can share your bumpers with me. I haven’t ordered any yet.

1 Like

Lol. Yours bumpers from onewheel will cost you less than mine. Paid 80bucks for em :man_facepalming:
Did receive them in less than a week though.
I want to add wheel mods but if I screw it up, it’s 80$ down the gutter.
It’s why I want to design one.

1 Like

How’d you pay 80 for bumpers?

i meant share your 3dp designs for bumpers with me, so I don’t hvae to buy any and get more value from my 3d printer.