Allow yourself to introduce yourself

But we’re both here!

But I know what you mean. I miss ESN frame.b022 and the rest of the inmates over at esk8.news. But life goes on, and man did I get offered a great parachute in the form of FreeSK8.

7 Likes

I like leg

and skatebroad

8 Likes

@BillGordon this is definitely title material.

7 Likes

So are we esk8.news refugees? :joy:

2 Likes

Excellent notion.

2 Likes

Iv’e had a few drinks, your icon is tripping me out :rofl:

6 Likes

agree, i like the thread you and @k00k have going on

7 Likes

Yup, we’ll get there. When FreeSK8 products start dropping, there will be a influx of people and activity.

4 Likes

Ello,

I’m Kalita. I’m a damn furry if you all haven’t guessed. I’ve built and rebuilt my mountain board twice. I actually love battery building, it’s so tedious but fun.

I like beer, I like batteries, I like bikes, and I -love- coffee. (ALL B, except coffee. That’s actually A+).

:fox_face:

12 Likes

Hi Kalita. Welcome!

4 Likes

Hi my name is Ross and I am a refugee

Snowboarded for years and skated in my youth. Also into mountainbikes but haven’t ridden in way too long.

Near 40 with wife and kids decided esk8 looked like fun so bought a preloved analog deck made one and loved it.

Recently snapped Achilles is fucking me over, but waking unaided today and can’t wait even to get back in the workshop building shit.

Hope this place offers some solid leadership. You fuckers better not read my PMs.

Churr

12 Likes

I like all of those things too! Not so much bikes, I’m trying to ignore that those things exist right now until I can afford to build a badass ebike.

Welcome! Would love to see some of your projects and battery building techniques, you should consider starting a workshop thread!

3 Likes

Hello my dear friend. You can rest assured that we are taking our leadership positions extremely carefully/seriously here.

Super stoked to see you here bro.

9 Likes

Hey I am Tin

I started my first build list back there in 2016. There were so little EU shops that most of the parts were from torqueboard/enertion and I would have to pay customs and taxes for them in EU. Then I broke my left knee so I had to wait a bit to heal. Meepo V1 came out, so cheap and first reviews were good so I finally made my move. Natural evolution was like this meepo -> meepo with diy parts -> ugly diy street board -> ugly diy pneumatic board -> nice diy pneumatic board -> nice diy trampa mtb. I am riding mtb 99% of the time and I am waiting for next step in evolution.

I own 4 working boards atm but I will sell at least 2 of them because I have plans to build next one.

I am riding snowboard regular and skateboards goofy. Feels natural that way. Probably because I started with esk8 when my knee wasn’t completely healed.

I made FB group “esk8 Croatia” and I am collecting nice small Croatian esk8 community there. We had few group rides and we will have much more!

In my city (around 50k people) I am only esk8er, so I ride mostly alone.

Also, I am building battery packs in EU. Whatever battery idea you have, hit me up, we will find solution.

Cheers

18 Likes

Greetings, Tin. Great to have you here!

13 Likes

that is so weird.

It’d be less weird if you were just comfortable both goofy and regular on both.

8 Likes

I know, right? I feel relatively okay riding snowboard goofy, but I can’t ride esk8 regular, no way! :thinking:

9 Likes

I ride esk8 goofy. I get to snowboard about a week a year. Every single trip I spend a day riding regular and wondering why everything sucks. I’m comfortable-ish both ways.

10 Likes

same here…
Snowboard and everything with bindings I ride regular. Skate/longboards goofy.
I could ride goofy snowboard more or less, but I can’t manage to push a board regular.

8 Likes

@Pedrodemio in the house!!!

8 Likes