Al's Wild World of Wallaby Wankery

Today I learned that it’s not ideal to weld in the centre of the negative end of the cell… i hope it hasn’t been an issue on any of the other packs I’ve built :grimacing:

Perhaps @Battery_Mooch could elaborate on the reason(s) why?

8 Likes

The center is where the copper negative tab, coming from the roll of foils and battery goop, is spot-welded to the inside of the metal can. The heat from our spot-welding can damage those original welds. This can reduce performance and cause hot-spots during hard use because of increased weld point resistance after being damaged.

13 Likes

What welding handset have you got there @glyphiks?

3 Likes

Its a kWeld.

Thanks @Battery_Mooch!

5 Likes

Once I saw my @bigben enclosure I decided to just not try anymore.

6 Likes

Looks like I have some things to fix… Thanks for the insight. Fuck. Good going @glyphiks

1 Like

I’d say if damage has been done that it would be unfixable now. Just gotta cross your fingers and hope for the best

4 Likes

I need a maid.

11 Likes

She should bring a big, fat intervention with her :rofl:

Ps. What’s the mustard for?

12 Likes

Lol that’s body filler :rofl:

9 Likes

Hah! Not what I imagined the mustard would be used for :woman_facepalming:

8 Likes

Body filler alright…salad dressing anyone? :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Ergh. Its been a busy week.

19 Likes

Your tool shipped out today. Send you the tracking later.

15 Likes

Riiiiiighto fuckers. So i been pretty busy with family obligations and just chilling the fuck out for the past few weeks, it’s been great.

Squeezed in a few rides and managed to totally destroy the Madness build, in case anyone missed it, I sold it, it’s gone, and the dedicated bastard that I sold it to has managed to rebuild it in one day :rofl:

This is how it left the house, one of the gear drives still attached to the board had a sheared wheel gear and the other had come loose from the truck and the backlash had stretched.

Looking forward to jumping back on it at the next group ride :rofl: i know the new owner will take much better care of it than I did.

But moving onwards… just before christmas I received a long awaited package from the robot man himself.

I have had a build planned for some time now on the Demonseed 44. Hummie hubs, 13s6p 30q, ESCapes and robogotchi with gps. Will use the PPB until such time as I can get my hands on a DongZilla.

The battery is built, the enclosure is built, the deck has had some modifications (but still needs some work) and now I just need to piece it all together.

Space is limited in the SS enclosure, so I needed to join the power wires of the ESCapes together. I removed the original wires, made a new harness and soldered it in.

Also spent some hours remixing a couple of different loopkey mounting solutions into one bastardised fish/beetle/hammerhead looking thing that I am quite pleased with even though it’s rough as guts. Who knew you could tinkercad on your phone? :rofl:

10 Likes

Thought we were clear about usage?

3 Likes

Print came out really well. Hopefully get some time to fit it tomorrow.

6 Likes

Aaahh nice! Finally you can send me those hummi hubs :ok_hand::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I am determined to have them rolling by the end of Jan. You can’t have them :rofl:

Although I have heard whispers that after Hummie has delivered the kickstarter hubs, that there may be quite a few extras available…

3 Likes

Ja ja

2 Likes