Al's Wild World of Wallaby Wankery

I missed that loop key trick… thanks…

2 Likes

Great update. Onward to glory!

Also, your soldering skills cuckold me.

3 Likes

Man, i wish I had’ve done this earlier. This is the duck’s nuts!

Not only does it let me weld for a LOT longer, its incredibly handy to have one welder dialled in for positive terminals, and the other for negatives.

Highly recommend dual welders for anyone who is serious about building batteries.

11 Likes

With the freesk8 remote in the very near future, i need to make sure I have a board ready to drop it into…

I reinforced this old bustin deck the other day, and need an enclosure for it.

I got no vac bags, so I improvised… backed some foam strips with mdf, wrapped in cling film and clamped the flanges down… once it tacks i’ll remove the clamps and spreaders, try and smooth out any squeeze out, and coat over to try get a smooth finish…

I’m optimistic that this will work, but i’m not 100%… time will tell!

7 Likes

Definitely gonna be an ugly duckling

9 Likes

Twinsies.

4 Likes

Not ugly, RAW :ok_hand:
Edit. The speed on this is amazing. Decent custom enclosure in less than a day!? It’s pretty impressive. Fuck fancy aesthetics when you can smash it out that quick.

6 Likes

3hrs work all up from paper to finished enclosure :rofl:

6 Likes

You’re a machine.

4 Likes

2Nimble2Stiff is coming.

9 Likes

Hmm… after standing on it, it has a little more flex than before… and it’s likely a little less n8mble as I dewedged the rear by 5 degrees… so the name 2Nimble2Stiff doesn’t really meet the end product…

I’m thinking this iteration will be named FrankenDick.

15 Likes

She is a stunner, and going to have tons of push. Bonus points for making it low. Fuck speedhumps low COG is king. Its why I keep going back to my through deck drop boards.

3 Likes

She may not stay this low… will definitely be the lowest i’ve ever made. I can’t bring myself to use a fat stack of riser, so if it is too low I think i’ll get some blue cags. Then i’ll try dye them yellow so they come out green :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Man this has been a fuck around. I’ve pretty much done every part of this harness twice for one reason or another. But its done :partying_face:

Pack 12 is a little funny… all of these cells were fully charged to the best of my knowledge, so the fact that pack 12 is low is a little concerning. Will fully charge and rest and see what happens.

7 Likes

Pic dump cos i’m lazy :sweat_smile:

Brief summary:

I got FrankenDick running - its amazing

I broke FrankenDick - new hangers should be here in the next few days

I got OSRR Bruce - also amazing. Will swap out into the Albert shell once FrankenDick is running again to try that out.

Building some batteries

Got a Prusa - man, this thing is cool! Probably a little over halfway through the build and i’m just staggered by how well it’s designed and documented. I knew it was gonna take me a while to build it, but I never imagined that the build would actually be so enjoyable. I can see why they get such high praise.

14 Likes

You flash fucker, mad build.
Balance charge socket with metal cap. When will you learn…

3 Likes

I don’t learn easily.

2 Likes

They finally came! I had given up hope on this port cover, hence why i used the danger cover. Will get this swapped over soon enough.

Finished the prusa build, only one slight mishap that wasn’t my fault for once, but it was quickly rectified by customer support.

Took a little bit of fuckery to get the Z dialled in, but it’s printing beautifully, and its so quiet!

Baby steps on these batteries. I thought things were supposed to be quicker in batches, but it feels like it takes longer :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

The man… The myth… got a Prusa… Awesome! Once, you dial in your filament brand it should be rocking every time you press print. I only have issues when I change to some strange types of filament. Usually takes some tuning of the extruder. And I tend to forget to change the removable build plate type in the settings after changing to a different plate.

2 Likes

I’ve been slack with it. I got it working and printed a couple of things with the Prusa PLA and haven’t played with it since :sweat_smile:

Need to get it dialled for my local PETG but i’ve been procrastinating.

I’m nearly finished with a whole bunch of projects, so will have some time to play next week hopefully :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes