Al's Wild World of Wallaby Wankery

That’s 2x the cost of my car…

Nearing the cost of the next car I plan to buy for 15k…

6 Likes

sounds like one of you has their priorities straight and the other is saving for his next car :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Lmao you have a point - but I think this is worth it

4 Likes

I found some floor! Next is the benches :man_facepalming:

unnamed (18)

12 Likes

Sooo clean :ok_hand:

6 Likes

This is as good as it’s getting.

11 Likes

You can always just buy a new house or garage if you need it more clean :man_shrugging::joy:

8 Likes

Round two on this busted eboosted enclosure. A couple of weeks ago I sanded it all back and filled up the cracks with resin, today I wanna lay glass cloth inside and out…

I’m hoping I can make this look reasonably neat.

9 Likes

Ebusted

8 Likes

I believe in you, Al.

5 Likes

Don’t have too much faith Bill. The hangover is strong today.

7 Likes

Beer is your muse.

5 Likes

I’m trying desperately to hold off until the PM hours. 45 excruciating minutes to go.

7 Likes

5 Likes

Finally got a clearcoat on this reinforced neo deck that’s been hiding in the corner of my workshop for months.

The bottom of the deck was literally falling apart so I reinforced it with a heavy 800gsm woven roving FG. Another project I will be happy to say goodbye to.

12 Likes

2 layers of 200gsm cloth inside and out. This is gonna be a bitch to finish nicely, but sandpaper is my friend. Will give this a few days to cure and see how I go.

8 Likes

doing surfboard repair I would think this when something started coming out weird.

Then when sanding I would instead think. “better prep is my friend”.

back and forth, every time. :smiley:

5 Likes

Lol, i know this story all too well

4 Likes

you’re getting pretty good at that, looks nice dude! what do you use for clear coat to reinforce your decks like this–would epoxy work?

Is this what you always use for enclosures? Looks alot neater than the cheap fiberglass mat I buy at home depot.

4 Likes

I use a combination of cloth and woven roving for enclosures, not a big fan of chop strand mat.

Some epoxies claim to have UV resistant properties, but I alway’s use a 2k clear coat with UV protection or just spray paint.

4 Likes