Dear Diary, today on my esk8

looks like a perfect day! you have your oldest on a full squish 29ā€™er already?

5 Likes

Wheels look big because the frame proportions, but they are just 26ā€.

The little bike was hers first. 20ā€ wheels, air fork, disc brakes, and 3 speed belt drive. She rode it all over the trails and killed it.

She earned the Specialized Camber Grom that she rides now through hard ass pedaling. Besides TN, sheā€™s ridden in AR, CO, UT, and NC with me. In UT she got to ride most of Whole Enchilada when she was 7. At 9 sheā€™s destroying the local mtn bike kids teams at practice. She still has a couple of years until sheā€™s old enough to race. Just recently did a 17 mile ride that had 2500 feet of climbing. Not one complaint.

9 Likes

my bergs still flat on a rare occasion, but i found the first slew of flats I experienced were due to underinflating on my part. Iā€™m sure your friend is inflating adequately, just wanted to call that out in case!

5 Likes

Iā€™m willing to try whatever with these tires!

3 Likes

Today on my esk8ā€¦

Needed nuts for my ebike display. Decided to grab my mbs to go to the store. Long story short, I never made it :sob:

Lesson Iā€™ve learnt: always check battery before you leave.

2 Likes

As I was typing that last message to you, I knew I would regret sending it. Skatan came for me and my bergs on the very next ride - šŸ–¼ļø All the Pictures and Nothing of the Else

8 Likes

So those arenā€™t speed holes?

6 Likes

Took my new board out on its maiden voyage

6 Likes

Everything you hoped?

3 Likes

Nice. I see that youā€™ve got some more top speed for our next ride.

3 Likes

You started on one side and ended on the otherā€¦battery died?

2 Likes

Yeah mostly but needs some minor tweaks, the accel felt slow. Not sure if it was the 9" tires, the added weight in general, or what. Didnā€™t full throttle it yet as it was the first ride and I needed to check all the bolts again.

Itā€™s at a 5 gear ratio, comparison mtb is at 4.8
9" tires vs 8"
12s9p lg hg6 vs 10s5p 30q
200kv 6384 aps motors vs 190kv 6369 powerplant motors
Same throttle curves
Same motor max amps

@flasher I forgot to start relive :expressionless:

6 Likes

Yeahā€¦ Iā€™d expect to be a bit slower off the line with those changes. Are you maxing out the motors/vesc? Do logs reflect that?

4 Likes

I thought the bump to 12s and increase in gear ratio would make up for the torque. Weā€™ll see.

I own no log recording devices other than esc fault info. Motors are set to 90A, battery max set at 120A although it can supply 270A max. Thermal throttling set stupidly high.

3 Likes

I shudder to suggest this but are you running VESC FW? in the HORRIBLE VESC fone app under developer you can enable realtime data logging to your fone, then you can open that log in the desktop

5 Likes

Iā€™m still scared of vesc FW 5 as it made my motors act super wonky near top speeds. I didnā€™t see any option for unity 23.46 to do this.

Gonna crank up the throttle curve to 30% and drop the positive ramping time to 0.07s and see if it gets better. Then Iā€™ll try 8" tires I suppose. Iā€™m surprised I didnā€™t feel a huge difference between 8 and 9" tires in carvability.

5 Likes

eggzakery

if you have Ifone, you can try StormCore app

or buy Robots stuffs and use their awesome appā€¦

4 Likes

Dear Diary, today i unfucked an esk8 and had two really fun weeble-wobble free sk8sā€¦

:star2: :lobster: :eyes:

board runs

ā€¦

7 Likes

They grow up so fast.

5 Likes

weā€™re all kidz in old skin suits

5 Likes