Dear Diary, today on my esk8

You started on one side and ended on the other…battery died?

2 Likes

Yeah mostly but needs some minor tweaks, the accel felt slow. Not sure if it was the 9" tires, the added weight in general, or what. Didn’t full throttle it yet as it was the first ride and I needed to check all the bolts again.

It’s at a 5 gear ratio, comparison mtb is at 4.8
9" tires vs 8"
12s9p lg hg6 vs 10s5p 30q
200kv 6384 aps motors vs 190kv 6369 powerplant motors
Same throttle curves
Same motor max amps

@flasher I forgot to start relive :expressionless:

6 Likes

Yeah… I’d expect to be a bit slower off the line with those changes. Are you maxing out the motors/vesc? Do logs reflect that?

4 Likes

I thought the bump to 12s and increase in gear ratio would make up for the torque. We’ll see.

I own no log recording devices other than esc fault info. Motors are set to 90A, battery max set at 120A although it can supply 270A max. Thermal throttling set stupidly high.

3 Likes

I shudder to suggest this but are you running VESC FW? in the HORRIBLE VESC fone app under developer you can enable realtime data logging to your fone, then you can open that log in the desktop

5 Likes

I’m still scared of vesc FW 5 as it made my motors act super wonky near top speeds. I didn’t see any option for unity 23.46 to do this.

Gonna crank up the throttle curve to 30% and drop the positive ramping time to 0.07s and see if it gets better. Then I’ll try 8" tires I suppose. I’m surprised I didn’t feel a huge difference between 8 and 9" tires in carvability.

5 Likes

eggzakery

if you have Ifone, you can try StormCore app

or buy Robots stuffs and use their awesome app…

4 Likes

Dear Diary, today i unfucked an esk8 and had two really fun weeble-wobble free sk8s…

:star2: :lobster: :eyes:

board runs

7 Likes

They grow up so fast.

5 Likes

we’re all kidz in old skin suits

5 Likes

160 battery max is the answer.

3 Likes

9p 30a cells?

Elaborate wizard!

3 Likes

Yesterday I landed on my left side lower back, because I managed to lock up my brakes on autumn leaves :fallen_leaf:, while going around 35 kmh. Broke a left rear tire and I will be limping prolly for a week…

Idk how you guys like riding 40+ km/h. (25+ mph)
The summer before I ate asphalt at 40 km/h and it wasn’t nice. The rash healed for like 1-2 months.

7 Likes

Got it swapped over to vesc tool and FW 5 but it decided to not save logs to selected folder. Will try again soon.

Kicking motor amps up to 100, throttle expo to 10%, and positive ramping to 0.05 helped the initial accel issue.

I was getting some low accel when nearing full throttle up a hill. Not sure if it was thermal related or duty limit start related. I was still at 65% battery :thinking:

5 Likes

make sure you have a “safe” shut down… normally I let my boards “time out” but when I’m running a log, I power down the board, then look for the file… Usually, I default to the folder where the APP resides…

it does work… but like all things VESC

…90% of the time it works perfectly 75% of the time…

6 Likes

Addendum:

I think I did 3-4 short tests you know 20-30 seconds just to see if I have everything synced, and the file location down etc.

and you have to check the log check box every time you enter the APP, keep doing mini tests till you find out what works, and then do that… VESC APP doesn’t save that selection when exiting the APP…

the first couple of times, as I recall, the log didn’t work as well…

5 Likes

Dear Diary:

gawd damn ridding esk8s is fukkin’ fun!!!

6 Likes

:point_up:

5 Likes

Going back here today with the boy

Will be interesting with heel straps this time around :sunglasses:

8 Likes

dear diary:

today I’m forced to rotate my construction mat… I’ve worn all the lettering off the surface and it’s making my opto-mouse work wonkily

and more to topic, I’m gunna esk8 around the neighborhood today scouting for the brown truck bringing me goodies

6 Likes