Dear Diary, today on my esk8

Went on another ride with neighbor. He’s getting better about speed and stance. He got a flat last ride (bergmeister life) and got one again this ride. They are just utter shit tires. They all pop, no matter the hub, no matter o ring, no matter the dremeling and sanding the hub hole. They just pop in different places every time.

Clever 6 x 2s are on the way and can’t get here soon enough.

6 Likes

So no issues with the clevers on the berg hubs?

2 Likes

That’s what people keep recommending me so I guess not.

4 Likes

Same. Will need to also invest in some clevers at some stage.

3 Likes

bergs ride so nais thou

4 Likes

At this rate, I’d honestly put it at one out of 4 rides ends in a flat. They ride nice but not so nice when flat.

Fuck skateboards today. Can’t catch a break.

5 Likes

have you tried a decent tube?

only flats I’ve ever had were with cheap ass berg and even cheaper ass clever tubes…

metroboard sells some GREAT tubes!!!

4 Likes

I have not. I just keep getting sent replacement berg tubes and they pop when I look at them funny. I’ll check out the metro ones, thanks.

4 Likes

they’re like paper thin aren’t they…

even TorqueBoard sells cheap as shit tubes… I haven’t tried all the tubes… but out of the myriad of tubes i’ve tried in the 6x2 size range the metroboard ones are so far the bestest!!

GL!!

4 Likes

Chasing around my monsters.

11 Likes

looks like a perfect day! you have your oldest on a full squish 29’er already?

5 Likes

Wheels look big because the frame proportions, but they are just 26”.

The little bike was hers first. 20” wheels, air fork, disc brakes, and 3 speed belt drive. She rode it all over the trails and killed it.

She earned the Specialized Camber Grom that she rides now through hard ass pedaling. Besides TN, she’s ridden in AR, CO, UT, and NC with me. In UT she got to ride most of Whole Enchilada when she was 7. At 9 she’s destroying the local mtn bike kids teams at practice. She still has a couple of years until she’s old enough to race. Just recently did a 17 mile ride that had 2500 feet of climbing. Not one complaint.

9 Likes

my bergs still flat on a rare occasion, but i found the first slew of flats I experienced were due to underinflating on my part. I’m sure your friend is inflating adequately, just wanted to call that out in case!

5 Likes

I’m willing to try whatever with these tires!

3 Likes

Today on my esk8…

Needed nuts for my ebike display. Decided to grab my mbs to go to the store. Long story short, I never made it :sob:

Lesson I’ve learnt: always check battery before you leave.

2 Likes

As I was typing that last message to you, I knew I would regret sending it. Skatan came for me and my bergs on the very next ride - 🖼️ All the Pictures and Nothing of the Else

8 Likes

So those aren’t speed holes?

6 Likes

Took my new board out on its maiden voyage

6 Likes

Everything you hoped?

3 Likes

Nice. I see that you’ve got some more top speed for our next ride.

3 Likes