Dear Diary, today on my esk8

So seeing as the dog missed out on my leisurely push this morning, I took him for a squirt around the wetlands.

Can’t wait for this lockdown to be over. All my local trails are teeming with folks making good use of their ‘1 hour exercise time’. It’s crazy, these trails are usually dead quiet, since lockdown they’ve been bustling :crazy_face:

10 Likes

We had a joke during lockdown.
Son from the city calls mom who lives in a village.
Son: Hi mom, can you please send me one of your chickens?
Mom: I will send you the one that makes the best eggs.
Son: I don’t care as long as I can take her out for a walk on a leash.

9 Likes

I commuted the last mile for a couple of years on various nondescript folding bikes…
:thinking:
I wonder now were any of them Bromptons?

5 Likes

Unlikely. You would have remembered it. I don’t care how stoned or drunk you were.
A Brompton is not like other folding bikes.
I have even participated (and placed well) in the Brompton World Championships .
They took place in Blenheim Palace in England.
Lovely place. It was a blast.

6 Likes

I mean. Look at this beauty.

8 Likes

dude

no seriously

d00d

that looks epic… from it’s design down to its silicone bronze TIG welds… w0w

no,

be honest, Taz, you know you did those welds… :wink:

seriously… your right, i never had a Brampton… i’d remember it!!!

6 Likes

Lol. I had nothing to do with those welds.
They are not TIG welded with silicon bronze though.
They are brazed joints and I suck at it :rofl:
This is the super light edition with titanium forks and rear triangle and clear coated.

Here is a video of how they are made.

I feel bad for derailing this thread so much.
Maybe a move is required?
@BillGordon

6 Likes

Doesn’t it feel right to be able to say that again?

9 Likes

The watercooler category is the home of off-topic discussions, however if you feel these posts don’t belong here, feel free to flag them.

Personally i think it’s fine.

Might be an idea to continue the off-topic topic in the randomness thread? Randomness begets Randomness The off-topic discussion thread

If you feel that the Brompton deserves it’s own topic, let us know and we can shuffle some posts :call_me_hand:

7 Likes

Unlike some derail, this is content others will be interested in. So let’s leave it for now as Al says and maybe move it later. Thanks for the awareness, though.

8 Likes

Today on my ev, I went downstairs and stood on it with my eyes closed and a fan in front of my face imagining I was riding.

9 Likes

That’s some artisanal BOSS level lugless brazing… thanks for the vid… I don’t know why anyone would paint over all that beauty…

5 Likes

It is my understanding that only certain brazers are used for frames that are to be clear coated since every little imperfection is visible.
They also charge a lot more for the clear coated version.

5 Likes

damn. straight out of brompton.

6 Likes

Nothing fancy. Just some cruising around.

Exploring the new hood. Too many hills had my motors extra toasty.

Back in the old hood.

5 Likes

On my test ride with my new board I wiped out at top speed. Fuck those road reflectors lol

5 Likes

That’s brutal. Hope you and board came out okay.

3 Likes

Went out for a great ride with john davey a few days ago. Was one of those rides were everything feels just right and you find the perfect flow.

9 Likes

Ooops wrong thread

3 Likes

Today on my esk8, I had to call the wife to scoop me up. Slow bit was on the bike path with my 7yo and her friend. End bit was pissing off the neighbors.

Loose belt, no tools, and a hill to climb cut it short.

6 Likes