FreeSK8 Robogotchi/GPS Module

I think I have a pretty good start on the fault read outs! It might be good of me to add a share button or copy to clipboard option.

6 Likes

Ability to share or copy the fault would be great!

6 Likes

Yup, really smart. I can see myself needing one or both in the future.

4 Likes

That was quick! Looks good to me too. Not sure these are pinpointed in the graphs, this is the one of the mainstays of log analysis- finding out what happened leading up to a fault.

Cheers

4 Likes

Robogotchi Deluxe MJF printed enclosures have arrived.

So fresh, so clean.

13 Likes

Robogotchi Firmware v0.6.0 has been released.

v0.6.0

* Adding fault packet processing
* Expanded fault data structure
* Button 2 will silence a melody
* Using static buffers for filesystem

This release coincides with FreeSK8 Mobile App v0.8.0 release, live today.

Full release details found here:

10 Likes

Borrowed @glyphiks CNC, sorry Al I broke a cutter doing the slot

13 Likes

Without the FreeSK8 core, I don’t see a way to use both the Robogotchi and Davega, as both need the UART on the Unity, correct.?

3 Likes

The unity had a second uart internally for Bluetooth or metr modules. You might be able to use that

4 Likes

Oh shit, I hadn’t even thought of that. All we’d need is an adapter for it.

ON IT!

8 Likes

I was wondering when someone smarter than me with that type of stuff would make one of those…

4 Likes

what he said…

2 Likes

Oh OK, thanks. And for the TB6s I have coming, I can just use the uart port on one of them for davega and the other for Robogotchi. So no, outside-the-box-smart-person-thinking required.

2 Likes

It seems like a good time to mention we are going to have a pretty nice update coming shortly!

A decent amount of work was applied to reduce the sync time over Bluetooth. Recent testing is showing sync time reduced by 65-70%

The weather is finally looking promising so I can get a little more testing in before calling it ready for the beta group.

I also started planning new melodies that are short and can be easily described. Once those are coded we can make another demonstration video and see what everyone thinks.

12 Likes

I’m stuck… I connected everything for the first time, the app told me to update the fw to 0.6.0:

so I followed the directions on using the nRF app and everything was successful. After going back to the app I get this message every time I try to connect the BT:

What did I do wrong and how do I fix it? I don’t see any reference to FW5 for next steps and troubleshooting.

3 Likes

Here’s what I’m on:

4 Likes

I think you need to update your firmware to 5.1.

2 Likes

Which FW Version are you currently on with your Unity?

The original/forked firmware is considered unstable/EOL.

1 Like

OK, I didn’t realize the FreeSK8 message was asking about ESC fw, and assumed it was for the Robogotchi fw.

I haven’t had to doing anything with Unity fw since it has been working after I configured it out of the box over a year ago.

Fw says 23.46

Can someone please point me to where I can learn about and update to fw5?

2 Likes

I’m not on Unity, but I’ll try to find out. People are definitely running it.

2 Likes