• Top Mount
  • Bottom Mount
  • Inside Enclosure
  • Do all three and tell us what works

0 voters

Top Mount

Bottom Mount

5 Likes

Id say start with a known good control and mount it on top, then get freaky with it and see where it starts breaking down?

I voted for all three!

PS: initial GPS time sync & calibration can take 5-15 minutes. This should be a one-time thing unless your gps module is left unpowered for a long time (weeks). Generally speaking the better LOS you have with the sky, the quicker this setup goes. We’ve seen it take 2 minutes and we’ve seen it take 15.

After it’s initialized, subsequent power-ups should establish a lock in under 10 seconds given normal sky conditions.

Going to finish up some more of the Getting Started documentation + add some info on the GPS module, will update here.

11 Likes

agree. top mount with chip facing the sky will be used as control and will do other positions for interest. now if it would just stop raining…

6 Likes

All I want for Christmas is a Nintendo C&D

19 Likes

starting to assemble the Robogotchi and gps

Included in Package

3d Printed Case

I printed the case posted on FreeSk8 GIT

Top Mounted

What is this a skateboard for ants?!?!

9 Likes

Slobbering

tease

@Flasher this is cute

5 Likes

I’m attempting to add some snapfit clips so we don’t have to silicone these together, and I’ll upload the files.

3 Likes

It looks very TM infringeable, love it.

How about an Atari tribute for the remote? Bring all the lawyers

3 Likes

I figure if the RetroPi can get away with it, I can too?

I’m not above these tactics and I love me some retro designs. Haha

1 Like

Soo umm, you gotta be in some sort of secret club for one of these? Oooooor…:eyes:

Edit: just saw the posting on the website, guess I wait for round 2

3 Likes

FreeSK8 Founder+ tier Patrons received beta Robogotchi & GPS module giftbags in the mail over the last week.

Were building & testing the 2nd batch of units now.

5 Likes

mumble mumble

4 Likes

First pass at the Robogotchi Enclosure is complete. I have no idea if this works as I’m just now printing these myself- so print at your own risk? There will likely be iterations incoming.

STL & STEP files are up on ze Git:

9 Likes

You gonna print those two red buttons in tpu?

2 Likes

Yes, they are a single piece like a gasket so it needs to flex and not depress both buttons simultaneously which as we all know instigates self-destruct mode

4 Likes

PLA+ looks good, 0.4 nozzle with 0.2 layers & slow. I can’t test fitment yet. The tabs are a nice touch not sure how strong they will be if printed in the typical orientation

Minimal footprint which is a great for small enclosure space, I have a temptation to port the top through the side of the enclosure. Silicone would be needed of course.

6 Likes

Ill have a new rev here shortly. Printed last night and found it was super close but have to make some minor clearance adjustments & make those tabs a bit thicker. These will eventually be printed in MJF so the tabs are aimed at that material.

6 Likes

Nice. Yeah maybe a little more beef on the clips. But so far these printed with petg seem to be holding up pretty well. Been taking it in and off and they’re fiiiine.

Printed this fast in order to just see and I want to try fitment… Cute little fucker.

7 Likes

New rev is up

15 Likes

oh man that looks so much better

3 Likes