FreeSK8 Robogotchi/GPS Module

13 Likes

5 Likes

@magharees I spent $120 on 2.25kg of filament. This is your fault entirely.

7 Likes

That’s almost as bad as blow unless you know a guy @Andrew

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking of getting polymaker carbon fiber filament…but the Canadian currency mafia hates me

2 Likes

What is special about this filament, for the google-challenged amongst us?

2 Likes

It’s nGen amphora filament

nGen is stiffer than PLA filament so it performs better when bridging gaps, has cleaner overhangs, and prints with very little warp
Interlocking parts, models, figurines, and functional prototypes print well due to the low shrink rate and excellent layer adhesion.
Basically a much better version of PLA+

I’ve been reading way too much these days :rofl:

7 Likes

I had never heard of this! I wanna try some out, my printer sucks with overhangs

4 Likes

It looks like I am going to have to have a “working” 3D printer to be a member of this cool kids club.

5 Likes

Starting to feel this, too. Even with all the handjobs I’m giving out, still out in the hallway.

5 Likes

To be faaaaaair, the enclosures are simple & quick enough that I’m going to have a good number on hand for folks. Also doing a larger batch in MJF Nylon.

9 Likes

For anyone interested in getting in on the Robogotchi beta, have a small batch of v1.3 Robogotchi & v1.1 GPS Modules available. This is the virtually identical to the hardware revision we’re building for our first production batch. These units come with an nGen FDM printed enclosure printed here in the DRI workshop.

Shipping this batch on or before 11/23, all hardware is in-hand & assembled, just going through final testing & printing enclosures.

8 Likes

Pick me two times. You’ve never had a masta beta tester better than me.

4 Likes

I’m sure you’re highly experienced.

7 Likes

CatBoxRobogotchi with skateboard for scale.

Seeing if a flange makes me wanna cut an enclosure.

14 Likes

My uncle showed me the ropes of beta mastery, once I got the feel for it he let me test it on him…oh fuck I just realized what’s wrong with me. . . Awkward

3 Likes

Widened flange 1mm raised screen to accommodate a 2mm silicone sealed piece of acrylic. Also buttons are siliconed in. A bit shit in execution but more weather protective.

9 Likes

Firmware Update Guide has been posted along with an updated Robogotchi Firmware version 0.4.2:

Renee has also just pushed an update to the FreeSK8 Mobile app that has a fancy new feature that takes advantage of this firmware update. :wink: More on that very soon, we’re getting our changelogs in order and pants on straight- been a wild last 2 weeks since launch!

PS: Batch 2 Robogotchi start shipping today!

8 Likes

When you go to bookmark and highly almost flag it lol.

#bookmarked

3 Likes

I have the Robogothci & GPS modules in my cart and about to click checkout, but have two questions. 1) Do you see any issues with them arriving in Germany before Christmas other than me needing to deal with giving The (german) Man his dues? 2) Do I get access to the FreeSK8 Mobile App for my underpowerd Android phone to provide feedback on these titillating new products?

3 Likes