RAWshop - Ross’ Alliteration Workshop

Balance charging is so 2010…
It’s all fun and games till you need to borrow a mates charger on a group ride. My first esk8 was lipo balance charge. But all the dodgy bestech BMS failures I have seen there is merit. (Killed 2 of my packs)

1 Like

10s9p P26a.
I’ll run out of juice before it does

1 Like

Eh thats fine, just dumb charge in that case. You don’t need to balance charge every time

2 Likes

The Molicels I have tested have very close resistance and capacity they will keep pretty well ballanced for a while. pack I am build atm I am throwing in a Flexi bms to keep on my groups in freesk8 app.

Would be cool to find a matching style dust cap and print a bung that would allow an xt30 to use it. Think it would need to be at least the next size up (egg 2b leno) to cover the plug tho. Matchy matchy

Edit.
Fast test with stuff laying round suggests next size cap would be needed. Xt30 female casing is approx same size as the threads on the plug

4 Likes

Well, 5 minutes with a craft knife and a round file and it can fit. It’s a squeeze but is possible.

Result. :call_me_hand:

Gonna swap this into my ACHILLES build, cos the 2 pin lemon on that has issues at anything above 2A charge current :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

Dude, that’s sick! I could probably resin print a perfect little insert for that :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Solid DIY :partying_face:

4 Likes

4 Likes

I’ve got a few of the bits here that I made it from.

Gonna try to carefully make one and use black epoxy to seal up all the gaps

3 Likes

You’ve got a resin printer??

1 Like

Yeah but i’ve been too busy to make room for it in the workshop :sweat_smile: shame on me

1 Like

So this Infinitysink competition is back on. Votes are now gonna be taken on Instagram, here:

If ya wanna help me out, please give me a vote! you need to post your Esk8news forum name as a comment on my picture on instagram. I’m only just back from the leader in votes, so appreciate any support :call_me_hand:

Cheers!!!

6 Likes

Short test ride on the new build with the poastmote puck, cheers @glyphiks and @poastoast :call_me_hand:

Nice upgrade from the nano-x and mini mods on my other boards :joy:

6 Likes

Yeeeewwww!!! So did you just pop your puck cherry?

3 Likes

gorgeous build! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I did. Have to say, it’s awesome. Super comfy to use, thumb wheel feels good connects super easy. Pretty glad I got it :blush:

4 Likes

Once you go puck its pretty hard to go back. I do really like the little mini thumbwheel mod tho.

3 Likes

Is that the cute little printed clear mini remote you posted a pic of a while back? I bought a chubby mod from Dani and a hook mod from a local dude here but neither feels particularly good to use.

2 Likes

Yeah the little clear one

2 Likes

Mouldy

4 Likes