RAWshop - Ross’ Alliteration Workshop

Let me tell you this though, that peel ply you have there, not necessary. Lather up with resin, let tack, apply whatever material your skinning with, lather up more resin, throw in a bag, vac it, immediately and frantically cut it open, pull it out, brush high spots with acetone, add 3 more coats of resin, sand for 5 hrs, boom perfect product. #newmethodologies

3 Likes

6 Likes

Man that’s nice. Good work.

Thats hot

1 Like

Bro, I wasn’t even really after a new deck but saw this for a hundred bux NZ and unused couldn’t resist. Pretty keen to rip the grip tape off to see the top graphic. Looks mint from what I’ve seen on web pics.

8 Likes

Wolfshark graphic on top!? Fucking score dude!!

I’d be taking the grip off and fritting that badboy

4 Likes

4 Likes

Looks like a fat roll of UD carbon to me… what are you cooking Rosco?

2 Likes

Skin for strength on Hummie underside and plans for another crack at carbon deck (that’s long off tho).

Hummie getting 2/200gsm UD on deck and extra 2 layers diagonally at ends. Maybe FG over it?

Composite deck has gone nowhere but needs more w concave in footpockets. Gonna mock it up and after some riding, fix the mould and make another. That’s ways off tho :joy:

3 Likes

damn what the hell are you planning to do to that hummie??

1 Like

Planning not to break it.
I have seen what Al does to his decks and I’m trying to avoid that. :joy:
Also widened cutout a tad, and have seen them crack after that. Plus small wheelbase extension on brackets, makes me a bit nervy…

4 Likes

3 Likes

Why didn’t you go into the cutout with the UD?

3 Likes

Cos it probably wouldn’t add much / if any stiffness (I think)

Failures on these decks (somewhat rare) seem to be at dropouts / cutout area, and corners of cutout so added the fabric from the middle to those parts in little strips (on angles):thinking:

3 Likes

6 Likes

7 Likes

Love it! Whenever I feel there is enough fine frit, I sprinkle a shit ton more and brush the excess off the next day.
Looks solid

1 Like

I covered it. Even more than the last pic. As you say, brushed it off when tacky. Then I topcoated with a thin brushed coat of epoxy. It is grippppy now.

8 Likes

Looks great!

4 Likes

oooo nice

1 Like