RAWshop - Ross’ Alliteration Workshop

Progress this last week.
Finally did the bedliner on the deck and enclosure last weekend which is awesome because it was my roadblock for the next steps. Been waiting about a month to do that :man_facepalming: Fucked it up a bit and didn’t adjust the gun nozzle so the texture is super heavy snd bumpy which I hadn’t really intended :joy:
Mounted heatsinks with silicone, installed ESCs and glued in p groups. Soldered series connections tonight, and all seems ok. Powers on and no sparks or flames so far. Need to do charge and balance leads then finish the rest of the guts. and install geardrives.
Closest I’ve been :joy:

9 Likes

Rosco your enclosure game is super slick. I am super envious cuz.:call_me_hand:

6 Likes

Texture of the bedliner looks great :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Frit on the LDP board a few weeks ago. Fine frit, super gripppy! Had a few chances to get out on it this last week. So good. Super fun to rip around town. Or cruise w the boy

7 Likes

Fine frit is the way :ok_hand:

Gotta love rolling with the kid!

6 Likes
9 Likes

Motor detection and input configuration done with my iPhone, first time using the freesk8 app :call_me_hand:

Short test ride, it goes! Gear drives sound pretty cool too.

Still a few jobs to go: Remote is temporary and input and braking needs plenty of adjustment. Poast remote is in the post :joy: . Balance charging socket in the board needs to be redone cos somehow I fucked it up and voltages at the external plug were all over the show. Bushings seem wrong. Then get out the butyl tape and seal her up!

7 Likes

Confirmed. Landyachtz graphics are pretty awesome :heart_eyes: Loving the TradeMe deals.

7 Likes

Balance plug sorted, and charging ok :call_me_hand:
#fuckbms

6 Likes

Duuuude, male xt port is raw

You got a cover for that?

A rough one. :joy: Another plug which I’ve removed the pins from. Gonna fill it with black epoxy and call it done. Probably make a couple, maybe one with pins in also, as expect these will fall out with vibration.

Is there a better plan?

1 Like

I use the female on the board and run it raw :rofl:

Balance charging is so 2010…
It’s all fun and games till you need to borrow a mates charger on a group ride. My first esk8 was lipo balance charge. But all the dodgy bestech BMS failures I have seen there is merit. (Killed 2 of my packs)

1 Like

10s9p P26a.
I’ll run out of juice before it does

1 Like

Eh thats fine, just dumb charge in that case. You don’t need to balance charge every time

2 Likes

The Molicels I have tested have very close resistance and capacity they will keep pretty well ballanced for a while. pack I am build atm I am throwing in a Flexi bms to keep on my groups in freesk8 app.

Would be cool to find a matching style dust cap and print a bung that would allow an xt30 to use it. Think it would need to be at least the next size up (egg 2b leno) to cover the plug tho. Matchy matchy

Edit.
Fast test with stuff laying round suggests next size cap would be needed. Xt30 female casing is approx same size as the threads on the plug

4 Likes

Well, 5 minutes with a craft knife and a round file and it can fit. It’s a squeeze but is possible.

Result. :call_me_hand:

Gonna swap this into my ACHILLES build, cos the 2 pin lemon on that has issues at anything above 2A charge current :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

Dude, that’s sick! I could probably resin print a perfect little insert for that :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Solid DIY :partying_face:

4 Likes

4 Likes