RAWshop - Ross’ Alliteration Workshop

I’ve got a few of the bits here that I made it from.

Gonna try to carefully make one and use black epoxy to seal up all the gaps

3 Likes

You’ve got a resin printer??

1 Like

Yeah but i’ve been too busy to make room for it in the workshop :sweat_smile: shame on me

1 Like

So this Infinitysink competition is back on. Votes are now gonna be taken on Instagram, here:

If ya wanna help me out, please give me a vote! you need to post your Esk8news forum name as a comment on my picture on instagram. I’m only just back from the leader in votes, so appreciate any support :call_me_hand:

Cheers!!!

6 Likes

Short test ride on the new build with the poastmote puck, cheers @glyphiks and @poastoast :call_me_hand:

Nice upgrade from the nano-x and mini mods on my other boards :joy:

6 Likes

Yeeeewwww!!! So did you just pop your puck cherry?

3 Likes

gorgeous build! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I did. Have to say, it’s awesome. Super comfy to use, thumb wheel feels good connects super easy. Pretty glad I got it :blush:

4 Likes

Once you go puck its pretty hard to go back. I do really like the little mini thumbwheel mod tho.

3 Likes

Is that the cute little printed clear mini remote you posted a pic of a while back? I bought a chubby mod from Dani and a hook mod from a local dude here but neither feels particularly good to use.

2 Likes

Yeah the little clear one

2 Likes

Mouldy

4 Likes

Damn she thiccc! Nice flange! I wish I could devise a way to get a smooth flange in this situation. Everything I have tried has left me with similar ripples/inconsistencies

2 Likes

Filleting wax to the rescue? Filled all the defects, quick wax, double pva spray and slapped some gelcoat on it tonight. Will see how it goes :thinking:

Edit. Fuck. Too early on the first fabric application. Still a bit wet in a couple of parts.

3 Likes

The filleting wax would work for sure but may be difficult to maintain over time/multiple pulls :man_shrugging:

I hate it when that happens :man_facepalming:

1 Like

2 Likes

4 Likes

Pretty easy to demould. Liberal filleting wax showed some good benefit there I guess. Part has a couple of defects from the gelcoat timing fuckup but pretty decent. Metallic finish worked ok ish, needed a bit more tho

9 Likes

Progress, but overall not really too happy with the part. Some lessons with the finish, with some defects but the overall bulk of the enclosure just doesn’t look right on the board and I think I need to rework the buck a lil bit :man_facepalming: to make the edges thinner and give it some concave to follow the board shape more (as well as the matching the deck rocker shape which it already has…). I’m not really too excited about the prospect, but think I need to do it to get the shape right. It’s just too thicccc

5 Likes

Yes, horrible. Sell immediately. Maybe, I don’t know, to me.

2 Likes