RAWshop - Ross’ Alliteration Workshop

And the wait for my new ESC to arrive in the post continues……

……

In the meantime:

Gripppppy

5 Likes

ESC arrived!!!. Made new battery and motor phase connectors, shoehorned it all in place and smashed a few laps up the road in the dark.

Pretty happy, feels comfortable. Few more short test rides and suss out settings and stuff then seal it up and call it done.

8 Likes

So. Tomiboi toe hook installed for front foot which seems pretty good.

Ride feels good. Waiting for hypertruck bushings etc from radium and have some straight cutz to chuck in when I get a minute :call_me_hand:

Need to finish up my fancy mdf spacer :joy:

Swapped baseplates on my NightTrain 4wd build, dropped a bunch of ride height which is awesome. Still have a small split angle with a dewedge on the rear truck.

2 Likes

Riptide and Radium magic installed
Front White, Back Red
To start. Massive change in nimbleness and board feel. :blush:

3 Likes

So MBS F5 bindings arrives and installed :call_me_hand:
Looking forward to riding some trails :blush:

2 Likes

Been a while, but update time :call_me_hand:

Bindings are good. Off road without heelstraps as a test ride was ok but think with them will be better so they’re installed!

Been for a few evening rides. Summer riding is awesome.

Swapped back to the excel rs wheel set for supakarts indoor track night and installed the 3.8 straight cuts for more top speed. Sounds amazing and the little bit of top speed booost is great. Don’t have to worry about loctite failure on a helical pinion now too :+1:

Those tyres are super grippy and APPARITION was great on the track. Keen to ride there more regularly and maybe have a go at t race at some stage.

So what’s next? Keen to build more stuff but not sure what really. Have plenty of half finished things but new projects are more exciting :joy:

Pretty keen to make some wooden decks so this weekend is workshop clean out and make space!

4 Likes

Considering assembling options.
Thinking the second sketch with bottle Jack at bottom will be better. These are end elevations - so 2 jacks.

6 Likes

Test ride with Savage1 front on my 4wd Hummie. It is awesome :call_me_hand:

Still on BN270 rear, will ride like this for a bit to get used to it then swap that out also.

5 Likes

Progress shot of the deck press today:

Need some more steel channel to span across the top of the uprights then final assembly. Lil bit of welding to go. Happy w progress though :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

Cross beams for the top cut and wire brushed.
Drilled 3/4 of them and they seem to fit :blush:
Bit more drilling and painting then final assembly!

5 Likes

Hah fark.

Was going too smoothly, drilled holes where I marked them - which was conveniently about 4mm out of place :joy: :man_facepalming:

Uprights we’re slightly out of plumb because top beams a little too long.

Tried redrilling 4mm over with another piece clamped above as a guide and that was a real ugly result. Functional but ugly.

Flagged that and did it manually. About an hour of filing sorted the issue. What a waste of time :joy:

3 Likes

Classic one. Happens to me all the time I drill holes… at one point I will buy a cnc and study how to work with it, just so I don’t have to drill holes by hand anymore :joy:

3 Likes

Grippppp

4 Likes

So close to the press being done.
Top press bed raised and the top beams marked and drilled. Painting now.

Had a mate cut some thick walled tube spacers to prevent crushing the side channels at the top rail bolt fixings. Perfect fit :ok_hand:

5 Likes

99% done. Need welding done on the bottle Jack baseplates so they don’t move around but apart from that it’s finished! :tada:

6 Likes

This is really cool Ross! With your skills, I can’t wait to see what comes from this.

6 Likes

Finally ready to pour concrete to make the opposite half of my mould!

Formwork sits over the mdf half so I can keep the extra width on that side if wanna use it for composites infusion again.

Foam mat, spray glued onto the mdf mould will make an offset between the mould halves.

Slow and steady for sure. April tomorrow :eyes:

6 Likes

6 Likes

Please tell me Ernesto is in there.

4 Likes

Maybe big enough for the body but not the reputation? Don’t think I’ve ever seen a Kaly over here, chances are probably pretty slim now.

3 Likes