SkyartPower - The Workbench

Is that Redfoo’s? 12s8p?

3 Likes

unfortunately no, he is about 3-4 weeks out still.

3 Likes

no worries, did not realize 12s8p of tat cell was that common

3 Likes

haha! currently got - 3 12s8p and 2 - 12s9p all builds to be built out of p42a. This cell is probably the best value for esk8 bang for buck at the moment. and a few crazy 14s packs too lol

4 Likes

holy moli ha

thats amazing. big packs are the best :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I freaking love big packs! Although I am kinda tempted to build a 12s4p out of those molicel M50A. If mooch had given it a higher rating i probably would have. But at 10amps … its kinda low

4 Likes

Yup
Even p42 is only 25 realistically. I think my high S build will just have to be a lipo pack :confused:
I’m hoping for maybe 5Ah but like 16s with one of the new controllers and whatever motors will take it

4 Likes

You should year down that 12s7p and make it a 15s5p!

3 Likes

Or that lol. I have this distinct feeling that the resell value for a pack that big is rather low haha. Especially built by a non reputable builder.

Eh naw that’s way too much work at the end of the day. Chances are it’ll finally be a ebike pack. It’s built as two 6s packs so I can flatten it out to a briefcase size

4 Likes

Resale values on used batteries are really low

4 Likes

Been a minute since I’ve posted here.

Currently working on this 18s 4wd build

18s5p p42a
Subsonic Century
60kv DDxls

I am hoping the DDs can handle 18s. Not 100% sure what I should set my battery and motor settings too. If anyone has any suggestions I am all ears :ear:

7 Likes

Next 4wd plans

Has anyone tried big inrunners yet?

3 Likes

Wanted to try this, but the stupid 10mm D-shaft limits you to belt drives for the most part =\

2 Likes

I mean… ähm… looks like everybody had the same idea at the same time :thinking::joy:

Didn’t have had a ride with them yet. Wednesday my adapters should arrive.
With big luck I can do a quick run on the weekend already.

5 Likes

You can get this one with 8mm

They are 8mm too, but kV I’d a bit high and they do not make custom kV.

3 Likes

Do you rely only on loctite for pinion retention?

2 Likes

That depends. My etoxx helicals I run only with loctite. There is a small grub screw, but that one doesn’t do much I guess.
I surely would prefer having a keyway or flat spot and grub screw or a flattened keyway, but if the loctite is applied right the pinion doesn’t go anyway.

4 Likes

I just order 2 56123 230kv motors, they told me they only had 2 in stock and that one of them doesn’t even work :man_facepalming:t2: hopefully they can send me 2 functioning motors soon

5 Likes

I got a set of 5694 for my 1 of my srb setups … 4 wheel drive would be crazy fast… which escs are you going to use?.. mamba xlx 2 for me…

4 Likes

I am going to run them on stormcore 100D at 18s

3 Likes