The "Talk me out of this" thread

Define “need”. I mean sure, I have one other esk8 and there’s always walking, but keen to hear your thoughts.

Examples man, this aint shooting fish in a bucket!

I sold Morpheus to buy esk8agotchis, so…

2 Likes

this is a free service. i’m only gonna try so hard.

But… if you want to pay my hourly… well you’ll soon be out of cash for the jaykays. and the problem is solved.

4 Likes

just realized this isn’t in watercooler. I will cool my jets now.

3 Likes

Not feeling the heat TBH, just thought with reasoning like that, you’d have a laundry list handy. You’re providing the most valid counter arguments so far FWIW.

3 Likes

If I had to dogfood this:

1. Sit on the money for a rainy day.
  2. Upgrade my Hummie to 20S P42A.
  3. Start building a 44” Stooge board.
3 Likes

I would be concerned about the longevity of the batteries.

I would assume those batteries would be getting pushed quite hard, exposed to decent temperatures and mad vibrations.

Are the battery packs easily replaceable? And at what cost?

3 Likes

Do you think more than batteries on other esk8s?

Within warranty not my problem. Post-warranty what’s the cost of 8x 40T’s?

3 Likes

you thinking without shipping back to them for service? because it’s non “user servcable” afaict. but… it’s of course DIY serviceable I assume.

4 Likes

After warranty who’s shipping it anywhere in a DIY community?

BATTERY PACK

Four high-performance industrial battery cells per truck provide power to your board. Spare batteries can be replaced in a few easy steps. The electronics are equipped with cell protection and a battery balancer for controlled charging. The expected service life is designed for 500 charging cycles. We provide an one-year warranty on this battery.

3 Likes

If I’m doing this “for science”, I’ll ride the fuck out of it for a year. If it breaks before, battery has 1 year warranty and I think electronics has 2 years.

2 Likes

Getting the feeling the “talke me outta” side is gonna lose this one.

4 Likes

Maybe. No final decisions have been made. There are other options as per my dogfood post.

2 Likes

For anyone looking (other than me), this from the JayKay website:

How long is the guarantee period?

Our e-truck is developed, manufactured and shipped in Germany. Highest quality and a long product life are of great importance to us. Therefore, we offer you
2 years guarantee on the e-trucks and control,
1 year guarantee on the battery pack.

2 Likes

I admire your enthusiasm / optimism for dealing with warranty issues for such an innovative and new product

I remain unconvinced that a ‘captive German market’ (these are illegal there right?) and plenty of other keen punters = long term success for the company. Time will tell. Do you need to be an early adopter here?

Plenty of customers hasn’t been a problem for some other esk8 companies who have still seemed to fail pretty successfully…

Wonder what shipping time and cost is like from Aussie to Germany anyway…?

3 Likes

I recently paid 100AUD for DHL shipping from Germany for some replacement gears from etoxx. Expensive but got here in 5 days during covid crap.

3 Likes

Maybe not, but they are on discount rn.

€65 and DHL so shipping will be quick.

2 Likes

Glad you mentioned that, because it probably should have been from the beginning. Moved dis sumbitch.

3 Likes

Oh bro, you’ve got it bad…

3 Likes

discount? :eyes:

stop… stop roping me in. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Ok. now it’s on!!!

lack of creativity kicks in… wait… maybe it’s offf.

3 Likes