Where has your board taken you?

I like this idea, time to run through all my pictures, don’t have many of the old ones apart from build pictures

Second board, back in early 2016 and first time going more than a few blocks from my house if I remember correctly

Another

My frank boards on the local woods, pro tip, don’t buy these wheels

Sunset near home

At my grandma city on vacation

Another year and grandma, finished the hummie build just in time to take it with me

Who needs tire for off road?

Now with beefier motors at São Paulo to meet some awesome dudes

My small attraction to mud

eModility day at São Paulo, that I figured was happening just a few hours before

More off road on Gummies

At my favorite place testing these yummy wheels

The most important bag for the trip

First time riding on the middle of sugar cane crops on 6.5"

Again at grandmas, longest single charge ride so far with my cousin, 52 km I think

New year midnight ride testing the lights

Finally got a Trampa go places no board has gone before, but then covid happened and I’m riding just around instead of traveling with it that was my plan

These are the kind of places I need 4WD for @glyphiks

First version of the lights so I don’t have to worry with getting back before sundown

Doing a 30+km route that I always wanted but the previous boards wouldn’t handle

Testing the V2 lights so night can be turned into day

And that is it for now

11 Likes

Nice bro! I can’t believe the places you rode those gummies :joy::joy::joy:

I find that soft sand is one of the hardest terrains to conquer. Even 4wd struggles! Gear drive definitely necessary. I have snapped soooo many belts in soft sand :joy:

8 Likes

Speaking of crime runs I read that a girl got a huge fine for taking selfies at Waikiki beach during the stay at home orders. Can this happen to you during a esk8 ride these days?

7 Likes

good memory, i think it was an arrest and fine if this is the story you are recalling
https://www.kitv.com/story/42410292/social-media-influencer-arrested-for-violating-hawaiis-mandated-14day-quarantine

i’m likely not at risk for fine or arrest, primarily b/c i live here and am wearing a helmet. its all about the enforcement so technically i could be stopped and fined if they were really motivated but i think the focus is elsewhere.

you will be my prison call if i’m wrong tho :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That is nothing, I took 80 mm Kegels to those same places lol

6 Likes

Stole 15min when meeting ended early

5 Likes

Board took me here today…

8 Likes

https://www.relive.cc/view/vXvLpy58z1v/explore

6 Likes

Double posting here too from ESN (apologies @Andrew, won’t do that too much) mate, just because you showed particular interest.

First ride on my Hummie. Done. Was a night ride too! :laughing:

TB110 thanes were vibey but awesome! Even goes up driveways no problem. Rough roads I can hear some vibrations on the board I’ll need to sort out, but smooth roads are the bomb!

As for the overall experience, I’m not used to being able to do toeside turns in one lane so that’s good. It carves well too, responsive but still stable, that said I’m not sure where speed wobbles would start, or even if the truck angles differ (I’ll have to check).

Power and especially brakes are underwhelming, but I’m coming from dual 100S Stormcore and 6374s to dual 4.12 Turnigy and 6355s.

Photo was after the ride, with my new close fitting Knox padded motorcycle jacket worn under the hoodie.

4 Likes

We’re not opposed to this at all, BTW. We are merely drawing the line at us poaching people or content. Sharing in both places is perfectly fine.

6 Likes

:joy: I’m just glad you had a successful ride, hell yes.

5 Likes

Safe to say my apprehension of thanes are gone. As long as they’re big enough, supermanning should be limited. I had quite a few rockstop superman opportunities with my 73mm thaned analog board. Not fun either.

5 Likes

yeah I think you have to adjust your stance quite a bit on thanes from pneumies as well too. If I have more downhill stance on thanes I noticed I can recover from wobbles due to road imperfections like manholes, ect, a lot better.

5 Likes

I am a mongo pushing weirdo that rides with a posi/posi freerider stance to the point where standard orientation bindings fuck me up. I’m still working on a better solution for rotating my rear binding just a bit further forward than I can currently get it.

6 Likes

Never noticed until now that your roboto logo rides goofy. Sacrilege!

5 Likes

4 Likes

12 Likes

Quick video from yesterday’s ride

11 Likes

Fought through some wobbles nicely there!

5 Likes

Lol, these were not wobbles. I was just doing that to show my friend how loose I have my board setup and yet it is stable.
That is what you can hear us talking about afterwards.

5 Likes